AMP8000 | Distributed Servo Drive system
Distributed Servo Drives for modular machines
The AMP8000 distributed Servo Drive system opens up new possibilities for modular machine concepts, because it integrates the drive directly into the motor in a very compact design. By relocating the power electronics to the machine, the control cabinet needs to house only a single coupling module that supplies multiple distributed Servo Drives with a single cable via a distribution module. In another expansion stage, the control cabinet space required for drive technology is completely eliminated. While previously the space requirements in the control cabinet for connecting the drives with the coupling modules was reduced to just one cable, it is now completely eliminated when the AMP8620 power supply module is used. This produces significant savings in terms of material, space, cost, and installation effort.
More compact motors, fewer cables
The one cable solution EtherCAT P can be used for consistently cabling entire distributed Servo Drive systems. EtherCAT P combines communication and power supply in one cable. Instead of having to use multiple connection cables between a control cabinet and a machine, a single cable to the AMP8805 distribution module is all it takes, because each of the AMP8805 distribution Servo Drives is in turn connected to the distribution module with just a short cable. Since the entire system can be cascaded, even complex machines or lines can be implemented in simple topologies. The one cable solution EtherCAT P simplifies the logistics in installation considerably and minimises wiring errors. The cable routes to the motor can be laid out much more clearly, and space requirements in the control cabinet are reduced to a minimum.
Safe drive technology with TwinSAFE
TwinSAFE is a universal safety concept that seamlessly integrates safety functionalities – from the PLC to I/Os through to the drive technology – into the standard control platform. All safety functions such as emergency stop, safety door monitoring, two-hand operation, safety mat monitoring, and muting, safe position, safely limited speed, a.o., can be programmed and/or configured with the universal TwinCAT engineering platform. The distributed AMP8000 Servo Drives support drive-integrated STO/SS1 safety functions with TwinSAFE as per IEC 61800-2 by default. The system will soon be available with TwinSAFE Safe Motion as well, so that more complex and more limiting safety functions can be implemented.
- reduced space requirements in control cabinets through direct integration of the servo drive in the motor
- modularity and flexibility through coupling and distribution modules
- Existing machine designs can remain unchanged: flange and shaft are mechanically compatible with the AM8000.
- no reduction in motor performance because of highly efficient and thermally insulated power electronics
- cost-effectiveness through one cable solution: only one cable type needed in the entire drive system
- reduced cabling effort and minimised cable lengths through AMP8805 distribution module
- Efficient through DC-Link group: regenerative energy can be used by other drives.
- STO/SS1 safety functions as standard; extensive Safe Motion functions as an option
There are no products to list in this category.